Friday, April 27, 2012

Getting a Tux & Chicken Nuggets


Dear Neil Sedaka,

So my son is going to prom tonight, which means two things; we had to rent a tux and I have to vacuum up all that cat hair before he gets dressed because I think I am out of tape.

So we went in for a fitting at a tux rental place. There were so many to tuxedos to choose from. There was a black one, a white one, and another black one and next to that, another black one, and then there were several black ones. So we asked for the black one.

They measured my son with a measuring tape and he tried on a sample tux. He looked really handsome and he hadn’t even brush his hair that day. So we paid and were told to come back for a second fitting three days later.

So we went back for the second fitting. Now I know why they have a second fitting – because boys grow p-r-e-t-t-y d-a-n-g fast. In only three days, my son’s arms grew three inches longer! So they ordered the coat to be altered and we were told to come back the next day.

We went back the next day, but this time there was a humongous line of people picking up their tuxedos. The young man behind me was talking about wanting to go to Stanford, but that it was too expensive and that he had just had Burger King and had eaten too many chicken nuggets. I sometimes eat too many nuggets, too. You look in the box and think, “I am so full, but there are two left.” So you eat them and then you think, “why did I eat those?” I still don’t know if he is going to Stanford. I hated having to wait because every minute my son’s arms were likely getting longer. Finally, they had him try on the tux again with the altered coat. Wouldn’t you know it…his neck grew a whole shirt size over night and now his shirt didn’t fit. So we got the tux and left and his dance is tonight. I am hoping he will not grow until after the dance. I think he is going to brush his hair tonight.

~pumpkinshellz

No comments: